Are you tired of shaving daily, only to feel stubble growing back by the end of the night? Those that have light, thin body hair are rarely bothered by shaving or waxing, as they rarely have to do it. But those with thick, dark body hair are frustrated with constantly wasting time shaving every day. If you want permanent results that will allow you more free time and smooth, sleek legs, perhaps laser hair removal in Houston is the solution for you. Of course, there are downsides to laser hair removal, as it is the most costly solution and does not guarantee results. If you are still undecided about whether or not you want to give laser hair removal a try, the following article may be able to help you, as it outlines some of the pros and cons to the procedure to help you make a decision.
Pros and Cons of Laser Hair Removal
Shaving is a permanent fixture in most people’s lives, and if you have thick, dark body hair, your struggle is more difficult than most. Waxing offers longer lasting results, but is painful and requires more time and prep work. Plucking out the hair is very painful, and is only suited to small portions of the body. If you are looking for a more permanent solution, perhaps laser hair removal is right for you. If you are trying to decide whether or not to give laser hair removal a try, the following list may be able to help you, as it outlines a few of the pros and cons to the procedure.
- Con: Laser hair removal is expensive. Laser hair removal is the most expensive type of hair removal method. You will spend several hundred dollars up to a thousand, depending upon the area you are getting treated.
- Pro: Laser hair removal can be permanent. Many people find that their results from laser hair removal result in hairlessness permanently. The results vary from person to person, and there is no guarantee of permanent results.
- Con: Laser hair removal is painful. While the amount of pain experienced varies from person to person, you will feel a burning or pinching sensation while receiving treatment. Your skin may be red or irritated for a while after the treatment. Overall, most find that the pain associated with laser hair removal is worth the results they receive.
- Pro: Laser hair removal thins out the hair follicles. Over time you will see a noticeable difference in the thickness of the hair on your legs. In addition, you will notice that it takes longer for your hair to grow back after shaving.
- Pro: You can shave while receiving laser hair removal treatment. One of the most annoying and inconvenient aspects of waxing is that you must let your hair grow at least 1/4 inch before it can be waxed. In the summer, this is downright frustrating. When you are going through the laser hair removal process, however, you can shave like normal. In fact, when you go in for treatment, your hair should be shaved. Waxing during treatment is not recommended, as it removes the hair follicles that the lasers target.
- Con: Laser hair removal takes time. You can expect laser hair removal in Houston to continue for 6-18 months before you achieve satisfactory results. The results vary upon the color and thickness of the hair. This is a long time to wait, and many people do not go in for treatment every eight weeks. If you are expecting immediate results, there really is no option available to you.